Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back!

So...

I haven't been on for quite some time. This was due to a couple things:

1) No converter for my 3 prong computer charger
2) On a 3 day trip to Jeju Island
3) Absolutely no free time

But now classes have started and things have started to calm down. (by day that is, at night the Koreans come out and stay up until 6 am!) Life here sure is different. I've never been so shocked in my life, not being able to talk the language, eat with their utensils (super heavy metal chopsticks) or even relate to anybody else in the program.

The first few days were kind of hard. It was like starting high school all over again. Who is that, what's your name, oo he's cute, I'll add you on facebook....you know the usual. Now we have people we know we can eat with, or even travel to Seoul with.

My Korean Language Class that I am taking is quite the bear. It is extremely helpful and I'm thankful that I took it, but it's so hard to learn this language, or anything with characters for that matter. I always feel lost, and that every vowel sounds the same. I wonder what they think about English. The teacher is very nice though, and understands that we're only beginners.

Today is Wed which means we go on a field trip and do something to do with Korean Culture. Today we went to Seoul and made clay pots. It was pretty interesting, and very fun at the same time.

Afterwards we traveled to Samsung D'light which was a museum like building that showed off all of their new technology. They had solar powered phones! I thought it was pretty cool. After that we had free time, which was when my new friends and I went to see Eclipse in a Korean movie theater. It was in English with Korean subtitles. It was awesome...for everyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Well, I know I've done much more than that...like my trip to Jeju Island, but it is now 3 am here and I'm going to hit the sack. Good night, and hopefully I'll be on soon :)

Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment