Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Place, New Food

As promised,
I'm back again. Today I went with 3 Korean friends, 1 friend from Denmark, and 1 from Finland. We went to a Korean restaurant (which they all are, but I still call it that) and ate squid! Everyone who knows me knows what a challenge that is. It didn't taste like seafood (good) but tasted more like rubber (bad).

Most food here is red colored, and that's a good warning that it will be very spicy. It is really flavorful, but does sting the taste buds quite a bit. I try to eat really fast because after about 10 minutes my nose starts to run and I start to sweat.

Everyday I have a different Korean dish. Sometimes I wonder what our American dishes would be. A guy from Germany said that, "US has no culture". I just said we are the melting pot of everyone, so we have everything.

Some food here makes me laugh..if you go to Seoul they have McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut, Dominos. It's incredible. Of course everything is Koreanized (like mustard on pizza) but it still reminds me of home.

I'm going now to watch Avatar with some friends. The Korean people here are the thing I like most about the program. They're so welcoming, always helping, and hang out with us whenever we need a friend.

Write later...
CS

No comments:

Post a Comment