Thursday, July 22, 2010

Koreans=High IQ

After tonight I know why Koreans have the highest IQ in the world...because they study all of the time. I went to the library for the first time here at Ajou, and wow is all that I can say. It is pretty much 4 floors of individual desks just lined up one after another: cubicle style. Right away at the entrance you need to swipe your student card that has an electronic chip for all public transportation and everything at the school. That gets you in the doorway, next stop is electronic kiosks (about 10 of them) that have a touch screen map of every floor in the Library. Get this...you pick your seat, and then it's assigned to you! For 4 hours that is, then you have to extend your stay or pick a new one.

I stayed for 4 hours in the library...more than I have ever stayed in any library, in any country. I definitely showed my American side with my knitting and Ipod and the constant need to be switching tasks about every half hour. The Koreans just sit and read their textbooks, or write their papers. My Korean friend (like all Koreans actually) are so careful when they write in English. It took him 4 hours to write 2 pages, and they seem to run on no sleep.

This Library experience has got me wondering...do Koreans study too much? Over the top? Or do Americans not study enough? Because there is a huge gap in hours of studying I can tell you that. Maybe my superintendent mother can answer this one for us.

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment