Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bruises and Beaches

So remember last time when I wrote, "I'm going to go play ping pong"? Well I ended up playing with 3 Korean guys (all were very good) for 3 hours! We played singles, doubles, a tournament, and around the world. So exhausting but a great work out. It is a big sport here as well as squash and badminton, and of course soccer. I don't think they get the idea of girls playing though.

Today we went to Boryeong City which is where the Mud Festival is. Boryeong's mud is known to be "rich in minerals and good for the skin" and they even sell cosmetics from the mud as well. There was a mud prison where people have little buckets and throw mud on you, multiple obstacle courses which were very slippery but very fun, a mud bath where you just sit and cover yourself and other fun attractions. The rides were so slippery that we would fall over all of the time, making my title be "bruises". Also, one of my friends threw me down in the mud bath (the bottom was concrete) so I got a good bruise from that one too. And if you seemed "too clean" which means had any skin showing...don't worry a "friend" from the program was sure to help you out with that "problem" haha.

After we played around in the mud for awhile, we walked to the beach (right next to the mud festival). It was beautiful as ever, but since it was windy and the tide was so high we were unable to swim in it...just swoosh our toes in a bit. One of my friends from Milwaukee actually lost her sandal because the tide took it when it was washing outwards. My lunch for the day consisted of a hamburger and fries. Guess what? They were being literal with the "ham" in hamburger. It had ham and beef in it! Along with cucumbers, lettuce, onions, and other fun things that I didn't quite know.

The bus took 2 hours to get there one way, so on the way home I took a really long nap. That doesn't really help out the jet lag that I still am having a problem with (laying in bed for hours not being able to sleep finally going to sleep at 5 am when the sun comes up). I really want it to stop by the next session which starts next Monday because I have class at 9 am, and I'm not a morning person even without the jet lag.

Well, I'm going to go get a bite to eat and do my homework for my Korean Language class. Ciao!

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment