Friday, July 9, 2010

the STUDY in study abroad

This one is going to be a little bit about my school, Ajou University in Suwon, South Korea. Korean students take their school very seriously, well most do that is.

In High School students aren't allowed to really have a life, their life is dedicated to education and getting into a good university. Once they get into a university, they have much more fun.

The course that I am taking for my first session (3 weeks long) is Korean Language 1. It is mind boggling difficult. We are first learning how to read their characters (symbols), then it's the challenge of learning what it means. Let's just say, I have never been so challenged in my life. Spanish seems like a piece of cake to this because atleast they use letters too.

Next session I will be taking Business in Asia from a Chinese perspective. I am very excited to see how the other professors teach (2 are from Wisconsin, 1 from Canada) and what the chinese perspective really is.

I'm heading to dinner now, and then to a walking tour of Hwaseong Fortress. We have a competition to see who takes the best pictures at the fortress, and the director will buy us pizza (it is very expensive here, so a really big deal!). until next time...

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment