Friday, July 16, 2010

Throwdown!

Anybody who watches the Food Network (or knows Bobby Flay) will recognize the title of this entry. It's a cooking competition show, which is what we will be doing tonight with our AISS (Ajou International Summer School) group, minus the cameras that is. I'm not sure what we'll be making, the Korean student group leaders get to decide that.

Tonight for dinner I had spaghetti ramen. I know what you're thinking...how is that possible. But believe me, if you can dream it...there's a ramen for it. There's Korean noodle ramen, Japanese noodle ramen, etc. It was ok. Nothing like my mom's cooking, but not as bad as I thought it'd be. I am 2/3 done with my Korean Language 1 course. Thank god. We have a quiz on Monday on all of the vocab words we've learned thus far, then our final is next Friday. It counts for 55% of our grade! I was a bit shocked when I heard that. I'm going to have to study alot in this upcoming week, or atleast think about it :)

It is pouring rain here, and the weather says the next two days will be the same. This means that our trip to Everland (theme park in Korea) is cancelled. But good news is that we will be going to Lotte World (another theme park, largest indoor in fact) in Seoul instead. I'm pretty excited, but a little nervous because I've had quite an upset stomach with the change in food and spiciness everywhere, but I think it'll be fine.

Even though I've only been here for about 3 weeks now, it seems much longer. I am very comfortable on my campus and if I was to be staying for an entire semester, I think I'd make it. I'm pretty excited to come home though (32 days) so I can enjoy floating down the river and my mom's cooking.

I'll let you know how th competition goes next time (our group won the photo contest by the way, so we will be enjoying free pizza next monday!)

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment