Tuesday, July 13, 2010

JSA (Joint Security Area)

So now I know why Korea has such a high suicide rate...because it is portrayed in so many movies. People here aren't even phased by it, I'm squirming in my chair and frightened the entire time, and they just watch it like it's nothing. Tonight's movie even showed a guy shooting himself in the head. Pretty graphic if you ask me.

We're 2 for 2 on suicides in movies. Last week a guy hung himself. Let's just say: Debbie Downer. I was told that next week's movie doesn't have any suicides (thank god).

I'm heading to bed. Tomorrow I have a Tae Kwon Do class then we are going to visit Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul. I'm pretty excited to learn all of the traditional Korean things here (even though my roommate is Korean, and she just informed me that she has never done Tae Kwon Do...so how traditional is it? haha) I guess it's like saying that I don't lasoo a bull everyday.

Have a good night,
CS

No comments:

Post a Comment