Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sweet Eau Claire

Today is one of those days that I miss everything about being in America. My bed, the food, my friends, the list goes on and on. I think that I've been spending too much time with the same group of people. But this is what studying abroad is all about. As my mom would say, "Cara, you can't quit everything in your life". Being here in Korea is something different. You can't just go quit your job, or not go to class, or not go home just because you don't "feel like it". I can't simply quit and book another plane ticket home. I have to stick it out and make the most of it. As of today I have exactly 2 weeks left. The crazy part is that I have no idea what will happen in those 2 weeks. Everything is a mystery. I think that's getting to me as well...I need to have schedule, order...and most important, people who are on time! There is a big joke that there is time, and there's Korean time. Whenever we go anywhere or do anything it's always the Koreans that are late. In their defense, they're not as bad as my Mexican friends ;)

So right now I'm chilling in my dorm room, knitting my blanket. My friend had a birthday last night so we went out to celebrate, which was a little weird because it was a Monday night and usually I'm all tucked in on a Monday. Koreans sure do love their night life. I was more of a spectator, but thought I'd be respectful and atleast be in attendance.

We're going on another field trip tomorrow, I'll let you know what we're up to!

CS

No comments:

Post a Comment